BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Why Pregnancy Makes You Beautiful

 

Looking pregnant and feeling great

Pregnancy can bring on a flood of conflicting emotions. Even though you're overjoyed by the new life growing inside you, there may be days when you're so frustrated by your body getting bigger that you can't wait for the whole thing to be over. As your breasts grow, your abdomen swells and your waistline disappears, you may long to have your old shape back. It's hard not to sometimes.

Women who've had the
pregnancy blues often say it's hardest in the beginning when you may just look like you've put on weight. It does get easier into the second trimester though, when you're clearly pregnant.

So while you're revelling in being pregnant, you might not be revelling in looking pregnant. Read on for a reminder of some of the beauty bonuses of pregnancy.

Pregnancy's pleasant surprises

• Here's a little perk that no one told you about: the sight of a pregnant woman often brings out the kindness in people. Supermarket workers suddenly volunteer to help you out to your car. People fall over themselves to hold doors open for you. They give up seats on trains and buses. Everyone smiles at you. Enjoy it while it lasts! Such niceties, along with these other pregnancy-related pleasures, may only last a few more months.

• Fast-growing fingernails: around the fourth month, your nails may start to grow faster than usual. Pregnancy hormones get the credit for this, but also the blame. Fingernails may become softer or more brittle during pregnancy, and you may notice tiny grooves forming along the base of the nail. They should return to normal within a few months
after giving birth.

• A fabulous head of hair: during the second trimester, you might notice that your hair looks super healthy and full. You're not actually growing more but, thanks to pregnancy hormones, you're just losing less. Read what other women had to say about their hair during pregnancy.

• That celebrated 'glow': also during the second trimester, you may notice that your skin looks brighter than usual. Hormones are partly responsible, but an increase in blood volume also brings more blood to the skin, giving it a radiant look.

• Bigger boobs: it's common to go up a cup size or two during your pregnancy, so you may have a new cleavage to show off!

• A very happy mate: believe it or not, your husband may be loving your new physique. Men tend to see the sensuality in blossoming breasts and soft curves. The sight of your pregnant form is a constant reminder of his virility too, and we all know how important that is to men.

Looking your best

Whether or not you find consolation in the pregnancy perks above, consider these three looking-good strategies:

• Emphasise the positive: if your legs are gorgeous, flaunt them in a short dress. Upper arms like a supermodel's? Show them off with a sleeveless top. Proud of your new and improved cleavage? Highlight it with a scoop- or V-neck top.

• Spoil yourself occasionally: treat yourself to a pedicure, a manicure, a new lipstick or some lacy underwear. Check out our
pregnancy feelgood calendar for a week-by-week guide to pampering yourself throughout pregnancy.

Exercise: it'll make you feel better about the way you look and help you bounce back after the birth.

What BabyCenter mums say

"After years of holding in my stomach, I was finally proud to be sticking it out!"
- Sarah

"I loved being pregnant. I was massive and used to find it amusing to see people cross the street just in case I gave birth there and then! I did get comments like "is it twins?" but it really didn't bother me. I missed my bump like I never thought possible once I'd given birth, so all you soon-to-be mums - stick it out and be proud of your baby. I can't wait to do it all again."
- Louise

"I think it should be a general rule that you don't make comments about a pregnant woman's size, no matter how confident she may seem. Everyone should know that a woman who's expecting is like a walking hormone machine, and comments like those can really harm her self-esteem.

...Of course that also includes her size even AFTER she's had the baby!"
- Lisa

"A lot of my colleagues have commented, "Are you sure there's only one in there?" or "I can't believe how big you are this time!" To which I reply, "At least I've got a reason for being fat!"
- Claire

"The best thing to remember is that your bump WILL be a source of fascination. Even women who have had children themselves forget and thus have distorted memories of what they were like, their size etc. The best thing to do is just ignore all comments, except the ones that say how beautiful it is, obviously!"
- Nicola

"I have now learnt to ignore comments and be proud of the miracle growing inside me. You can't stop the growth, so enjoy it instead."
- Joanna

"I love it when people say how big I am. I take it to mean that my baby is healthy and growing well. Generally people are happy to see a pregnant lady and love to pass on their congratulations and well-wishes."
- Carolyn

"I have put on weight and have
stretchmarks, but regardless of this I am proud to show off my bump. Pregnancy is part of nature and I will never be ashamed of giving life to the next generation."
- Sammi

"I really think that a pregnant woman is one of the most beautiful and natural things in the world."
- Danielle

"There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman... AND her body."
- Sara

"I love showing my bump and hate baggy, frumpy clothes. Why can't a pregnant woman still be sexy? This is the only time I have boobs - LOVE IT!"
- Nicole

"I love my rounded belly. It makes me feel really special!"
- Kerry

"I love the fact that my skin is so clear, my cleavage is amazing (just like I have always wanted) and my hair is so shiny."
- Jodie

"My husband has told me that I look different, radiant. I was so pleased because I'm tired and grumpy. I must admit my hair is very shiny and my wrinkles (I'm 40 and pregnant for the first time) don't look so bad. Also, it is great not having a period."
- Janet

"My hair and my nails are fabulous and everyone says I'm glowing. That's all good then!"
- Felicity

"I enjoyed my new bigger bust and I was lucky enough to keep it even after the pregnancy. I also enjoyed not worrying about when my period was due - the freedom!"
- Ellen

"I want to be pregnant again! My hair was shiny, my skin was completely clear for once and not having periods was the best!"
- Violet

"Pregnancy sorted out my acne! I'd had very bad skin for over 15 years (since I was 11). I'd tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it and been to numerous dermatologists. When I became pregnant the spots got worse in the first trimester, then gradually started to fade away. Now my son is 14 months old and my skin has stayed completely clear! You can't imagine how that feels after all this time."
- Tess

Read more:
http://www.babycenter.com.my/a563009/why-pregnancy-makes-you-beautiful#ixzz2FSpenz6j

0 comments: